Honda Launches Connected Car Services in all European Countries to Increase Safety and Enhance the Driving Experience.
Honda is leveraging IoT solutions from Cisco Jasper and Bright Box to deliver the MyHonda Connected Car platform, which provides a suite of powerful services that enhances the driving experience. MyHonda utilizes telematics solutions from Bright Box, powered by the Cisco Jasper Control Center automated IoT connectivity management platform, to deliver a variety of connected services that increase driver safety, simplify vehicle ownership, and enable new experiences for drivers. Honda will launch these Connected Car services across all European countries.
Sandra Hughes, Head of Marketing and Product Management at Honda Motor Europe commented, “At Honda we are committed to optimizing safety, security and convenience for drivers with innovative connected services. The IoT services that Bright Box and Cisco Jasper enable us to deliver helps ensure that Honda drivers receive the best possible driving experience.”
Honda drivers benefit from the following IoT-connected services through the MyHonda Connected Car platform:
• Vehicle information and diagnostics – Drivers have easy access to critical vehicle information via the MyHonda app, and diagnostic information is sent in real time to track the health of their vehicle.
• Simple scheduling of maintenance – Drivers are alerted when maintenance is needed, and can easily schedule appointments with the push of a button.
• GPS tracking for location-based services – Drivers are provided with information on their trips, push notifications to alert them when speeding, the ability to locate open parking spaces, and more.
Cisco Jasper Control Center is the global IoT platform of choice for 23 of the world’s largest auto manufacturers. These OEMs utilize Control Center to transform vehicles into dynamic hubs capable of delivering a variety of services that provide new, ongoing revenue channels for both them and their ecosystem partners.
Bright Box uses Control Center to decrease operational costs and guarantee the connectivity and responsiveness needed for Honda’s always-on IoT services. Honda experiences the following benefits of the Bright Box and Cisco Jasper IoT solution:
• Best possible customer experience – Honda uses Cisco Jasper Control Center’s automated rules and APIs to continuously monitor and proactively service connected vehicles for pan-European drivers.
• Optimized telematics – Bright Box is a market leading telematics service provider that is already using Control Center on four other continents with six OEMs. Bright Box has partnered with Post Luxembourg, who provides the connectivity for Honda’s pan-European project on Control Center.
• Global scale – Control Center enabled Bright Box to easily extend the automated connectivity management for Honda’s vehicles across six European countries today, and Cisco Jasper’s partnerships with 50 service providers in more than 100 countries will enable Honda to expand their services globally as needed.
“Using Cisco Jasper Control Center in our Connected Car projects with Honda and other automotive OEMs significantly reduces our operating costs and increases the Bright Box service quality for our customers,” said Ivan Mishanin, CEO at Bright Box.
“Today’s most innovative auto makers are leveraging IoT to provide new services that enhance the driving experience for their customers,” said Kalle Ward, Managing Director EMEAR, IoT Cloud at Cisco Jasper. “With the MyHonda connected services, Honda is demonstrating its focus on building a better driving future where drivers will continue to benefit from new levels of safety and convenience.”